REPAIR CONFIDENCE AND INTEGRITY: Increase Transparency
- Establish an independent task force of advisors to review current forensic practices with the goal of achieving foundational validity and validity as applied in the broader scientific community;
- Implement structural changes to our charging practices to remove implicit biases at critical stages by removing racial and ethnic demographic markers from submittals and background investigations;
- Partner with social science researchers to measure, evaluate, publish, and respond to factors contributing to the disparate impact of our justice system on communities of color;
- Host regular forums with stake holders, including state agencies, law enforcement, and community members, to listen to their constructive input on our performance;
- Make our Brady List publicly accessible; and
- Timely and substantially comply with Arizona’s Public Records Laws at all times, no matter how the information sought might reflect on the office or other government agencies.