RECLAIM THE SYSTEM: Prosecute Responsibly
- Prioritize violent and dangerous crime;
- Seek fair but fiscally responsible sentences that avoid excessive punishment;
- Calculate, disclose, and publish the anticipated cost of incarceration in every case where we ask a court to sentence someone to prison;
- Consider all known collateral consequences of charging and criminal conviction, including immigration consequences, on the accused and the community at large;
- Implement meaningful diversion programs that are accessible regardless of one’s socioeconomic status and pursue them whenever possible; and,
- Implement Justice for All, the report and recommendations of the bipartisan Task Force on Fair Justice for All addressing inequities in our system of court-ordered fines, fees and cash bail.